Michael Braun, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
Sector Focus:Aviation | Higher Education | Healthcare | Community
Fun Fact:"As part of my Masters of Architecture studies, I spent a week traveling through the Brazilian Amazon in a kayak, sleeping in a hammock, and fishing and foraging for food."
Since joining DWL in the early 2000s as an intern, Michael has largely impacted several communities across the region. Now, as one of DWL’s principals, Michael excels at leading large, complex teams through technically challenging projects, programming, conceptualization and gaining consensus among stakeholders.
As a LEED Accredited Professional, his interest in sustainable practices has taken him as far as Curitiba, Brazil, one of the world’s most sustainable cities. This knowledge is exemplified through his involvement in the design and construction administration of environmentally responsible projects. His specialties include public spaces, transportation and the integration of innovative materials through the design and construction phases of a project.
- City of Goodyear, Community Recreation Campus
- City of Goodyear, Police & Fire Department Admin Building Tenant Improvement
- Glendale Fire Station No. 151
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport West Terminal Expansion (Phase 1-3)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport – Terminal 3 Modernization