DWL Architects + Planners, Inc. is seeking a creative Graphic Designer to join our marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity to help us grow our brand identity across the nation, as well as support various marketing initiatives and project pursuits. You’ll be working at our Phoenix office. This position is responsible for creating aesthetically pleasing graphics that accompany written text in proposals, brochures, presentations, and other printed and digital formats. Duties include collaborating with marketing staff and architectural teams to establish and maintain the firm’s brand standards and customize graphic content targeted to specific clients and projects using design software to complete/revise projects based on team feedback. The ideal candidate is able to use their artistic abilities to communicate ideas, inform clients and solve problems. Successful candidates must possess a strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, collaboration, research, problem-solving and presentation skills.
Responsibilities for Graphic Designer
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications
- Photo editing
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Creating or acquiring the art used in a variety of creative projects (for example, advertising, brochures, presentations, promotional displays, signage and websites)
- Overseeing the design, layout and formatting of promotional materials or media
- Working directly with the project manager or marketing contact to create timelines and understand the scope of work
Qualifications for Graphic Designer
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, communications or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print and the web
- Proficiency in Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic design software
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent eye for detail
Over the past 72 years, DWL Architects + Planners has become one of Arizona’s most respected locally-owned and operated architecture firms. DWL has a long history of creating ‘people places.’ Our buildings and urban spaces respond to function, human scale and emphasize user-friendly design solutions. We have been fortunate to participate in some of the most complex and architecturally significant projects recognized locally, nationally and internationally. Our market sectors include aviation, higher education, municipal/civic and healthcare. In the last two years, DWL has launched an office in Ohio to better reach and serve our clients across the country.
Why join the DWL team?
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, supplementary insurance, 401k with matching employer contribution
- Flexible work hours
- Fun staff and family events
- Professional growth environment
- Work with a diverse, knowledgeable and collaborative team on some of the best projects nationwide
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter, resume, salary requirements and references to Vicky Ramella at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Graphic Designer” as the subject line of your email. Salary will be commensurate with experience and ability.