Come work with us!
Architectural Specification Writer
DWL Architects is seeking experienced candidates for the position of Specifications Writer. The ideal candidate is passionate about producing coordinated specifications and appreciates the process of articulating design and quality control through the specification process.
The Specification Writer can be based either in Phoenix, Arizona or in Chapel Hill, North Carolina
General Position Description:
- Develop technical specifications for projects by collaborating with project teams and consultants to ensure a seamless flow of information from drawings to specifications
- Manage company-wide technical product information/standards to maintain consistency across projects at the firm.
- Update and maintain company-wide master specifications
- Research new, innovative products and update the firm with important specifications related changes
- Support construction administration teams to ensure that the design intent is met during construction
- Assist in integrating specifications writing with the design process by helping train project teams.
- Minimum seven years of specifications writing and formatting experience for architecture, engineering, construction firms or in a related field.
- CSI certified professional. CSI CDT required with CCS and/or CCCA certification(s) preferred. LEED AP is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field required. Registered architect preferred.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time and the ability to professionally work with colleagues and clients across disciplines
- Understanding of the selection and integration of building systems and materials
- Understanding of public project delivery, bidding, and contract procedures.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Underwriters Laboratory (U.L.) directory and systems, ASTM standards in building codes, and Factory Mutual construction requirements
- Proven track record of quality on progressively more complex and diverse projects
- The ability to utilize BSD Spec-Link as a specification writing tool is a plus
Over the past 70+ years, DWL Architects + Planners has become a nationally recognized firm headquartered in Arizona and has recently opened offices in North Carolina and Ohio. DWL Architects has a long history of creating ‘people places.’ Our buildings and urban spaces respond to function, human scale and emphasize user-friendly design solutions. We have been fortunate to participate in some of the most complex and architecturally significant projects recognized locally, nationally, and internationally. Our market sectors include Aviation, Higher Education, Public/Civic and Healthcare.
Why join the DWL team?
- Work with a diverse, knowledgeable, collaborative team on some of the best projects locally and nationwide
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation
- Benefit package that includes Medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance, supplementary insurance, 401k with matching employer contribution and pet insurance
- Professional growth environment
To apply, please email resume and references to Vicky Ramella at email@example.com and/or Mary Ann Modzelewski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will be commensurate with experience and ability.